E-commerce workshop with leading Chinese company
The Chile Pacific Foundation convened over a hundred SME entrepreneurs to take part in the First Cross-border E-commerce Workshop for APEC economies.
With the Santiago Chamber of commerce collaboration, the workshop offered training in various aspects of this sales platform, from marketing to logistics, by Chinese experts from the DHGate group, which combines financial, marketplace and storage services, among others.
The program, known as Cross Border E-Commerce training (CBET), provides training in global e-commerce for small and medium-sized enterprises of APEC economies. More than 1000 companies from 20 countries have participated since 2013, and this was the first edition in Latin America.
The Chile Pacific Foundation, being the Chilean Business Council secretariat for APEC and member of APEC CBET Network, is the vehicle that allows the realization of these workshops, which could soon acquire the form of a permanent Boot Camp in the country.
Introduction to CBET
David Sun, DHgate.com, Senior PR Manager for Overseas Affairs
- E-commerce represents today the equivalent to 22% of the global economy. By 2020, this proportion will have grown to 25%.
- The use of digital platforms for e-commerce has the potential to turn small and medium-sized companies into micro-multinationals.
- Nearly 90% of Global SMEs believe that the sector lacks training. The CBET workshop and its online education aims to fill that gap.
Global e-commerce oportunities
Ivy Zhang, DHgate.com, PR Director
- Around 10 million Chinese entrepreneurs have moved their business to the digital format, allowing them to access the global market.
- Digital platforms have allowed small entrepreneurs to simplify their business administration and to give direct work to more than 15 million people and indirectly, 50 million.
- In china alone, by 2020, the middle and upper middle class will reach 200 million households, or 400 million people, creating opportunities for SMEs around the world.
Connecting businesses with consumers
Xiangyu Wang, Tencent QD
- Tencent is China’s largest e-commerce company, with nearly 900 millions users per month
- It works as a platform to gather information from potential customers through online data.
- Tencent can customize brand communication channels, one by one.
Lola Yu - DHGate, Customer Service
- What is customer service.
- why do we need customer service protocols.
- What is customer service purpose and which are the main principles.
Michael Qiao, DHGate.com, Trust and Safety Dept.
- More than 2 billion people choose to buy through e-commerce and 90% of them pay their products with a credit card.
- According to the university of Southern California, for 95% of al businesses, fraud is one of the major risks they face. Nielsen reports that nine out of ten e-commerce customers demand fraud protection
- What to do about fraudulent transactions, account violations, illegal products, among others?
Online payments and electronis wallets
Spark Chen, DHGate.com, Internation Payments Chief.
- About 80% of all online payments are made through mobile phones and the volume of mobile payments increases by 20% every year.
- Electronic wallets are increasingly safe thanks to security features that protect sensitive information such as bank passwords, transactions, etc.
- Cash is destined to become obsolete and being replaced by electronic wallets.
Internet finance in China
Elisa Zhang, DHGate, Online Finance.
- There are four basic users needs: payment, investment, financing and risk management.
- Crowdfunding is one the new types if financing that are only possible thanks to the internet, and they aim to provide financial services and easy access to SMEs.
- Supply chain financing is one of the main products offered by online financing companies.
Annabelle Shen, babyonline.com founder
- E-commerce logistic platforms, such as DHgate, allowed babyonline.com to expand in 4 years and sell its products in more than 100 countries.
- Some of online shops advantages are: the absence of rent payment, access to global customers and businesses open 24/7.
- According to Annabelle, to be successful in e-commerce research, persistence, product quality and avoiding battle prices are important qualities.
Global logistics strategy
Gary Liu, DHLink Logistics CEO.
- E-commerce is composed of three parts: information flow, cash flow and logistics flow.
- Gary Liu stressed the Chilean market importance for China and mentioned the possibility of DHgate arriving to Chile.
- DhLink’s Business model is comprised of: an online shipping platform, overseas warehouses and showrooms abroad.
APEC CBET eLearning website (www.apeccbet.com) was officially launched in November 2016 with the witness of the President of Peru during APEC CEO Summit. The APEC CBET eLearning program is designed to provide an easier access for global SMEs to access the industry knowledge in cross border e-commerce, and better facilitate the development and advancement of this industry by providing an online hub that gathers all kinds of players in cross border e-commerce industry with lower cost and barriers.
The eLearning platform is developed into a comprehensive online eLearning system which comprised of 9 course modules, including: